To reserve a date, I ask for the following information in order to create a contract. Once I have created your contract, I will send it to you. Your retainer and contract are due within seven days in order to reserve the time and date for your event. If you don’t return both the contract and pay the retainer within that time period, I will make the date available for other clients.
A date is only reserved when I have received both your signed contract and your retainer. The retainer is part of your event total, not in addition to it, but it is non-refundable.
Event details needed for contract
• Event address
• Client address
• Contact number for day of event (cell phone)
• Start time for face painting
• End time for face painting
• Any parking/loading instructions
• At residence or public location:
• Total for event
• Preferred method of payment for retainer and balance
• Age range of guests
• Approximate number of faces to paint
• Party theme or favorite designs by guest(s) of honor
• In order to reserve a date for an event, a completed contract and non-refundable $50 retainer must be received within 7 days of confirmation of event. Retainers may be paid by Chase QuickPay to email@example.com, or if you choose to pay through Paypal, please provide an email and I will invoice you for the retainer, which is part of your event total.
• Final payment may be made by Cash or Credit Card at time of event. If you would prefer to pay through Paypal or Chase Online, payment may be made 48 hours in advance. For Chase Quick Pay, payment can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to use Paypal, please provide an email and let me know so I can invoice you and receive payment before your event. I do not take personal checks for final payment; however, I do take checks from businesses or organizations who prefer to pay via check at time of event.
• My face paints are FDA-compliant, hypoallergenic, nontoxic professional face paints. Face paint should be removed before bed, and most colors wash off easily if lathered well with a mild soap first and then wiped away with a wet wash cloth, but keep in mind that some may stain slightly (usually blues or greens) and may require a second washing to remove them. (Baby shampoo works especially well to remove face paint since it is gentle on a child’s skin.)
• To remove glitter glue adhesive or adhesive used for gems, rub area with a small amount of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab or cotton ball until adhesive is gone.
• For safety reasons, I do not paint babies under the age of one or children who do not want to be face painted. I reserve the option to face paint children under the age of three on the arm, rather than the face, based on whether I believe the child will be still enough to be painted safely.
• I can provide approximately 12-15 designs per hour, so please keep this in mind as you plan so there is adequate time for each guest to be face painted. Painting time depends on the complexity of the designs guests choose.
• Sometimes I cannot extend my painting time due to other events scheduled for the same day, but if you would like me to extend and I am able to, extra face painting can be purchased in 30 minute increments. Let me know at the beginning of your event if you are considering extending if possible.
• For indoor events, please provide a well-lit, 6 x 6 foot area for table and chair. (A non-smoking environment is required for indoor events.)
• For outdoors events, please provide a shaded, flat area for my chair and table. (Cement or wood surfaces are best, but a grassy space is fine as long as it isn’t soft or muddy.) In case of bad weather, high winds, or if temperature is below 55º, please have an alternate location where I can set up inside or in a sheltered area.
• If event is at a public location, please check with management to determine if I’ll need to provide proof of liability insurance or any other documentation for them before performing on the premises.
• To promote a healthy face painting experience for children, I follow a well-child policy. Children who have symptoms of illness cannot be painted, although I am able to provide glitter tattoos for kids who can’t participate in being painted on the day of the event as long as they don’t have a skin condition which would prohibit it.
• Please make all event cancellations or rescheduling by phone call at least 24 hours prior to event. (You may text or email as a follow-up, but to make sure I receive it, I request a phone call.) If I can’t pick up at the moment, I will contact you to confirm that I received your message. My ability to reschedule is not guaranteed, since it is dependent on other scheduled events, but I’ll do my best to accommodate you if at all possible.